THE PROGRESSIVES-HARAMBE, INC. NFP
P.O. Box 571
Westmont, IL 60559-0571
Organizations supported from
- Almost Home Kids (Naperville)
- Argo Coalition for Education (YES I CAN)
- CommUNITY Diversity Group of La Grange
- Constance Morris Women's Shelter (La Grange)
- Family Shelter of Wheaton
- Heritage Woods of Bolingbrook
- Riverwalk Adult Care Services of Naperville
- St. Eulalia Soup Kitchen(Maywood)
- Wayside Cross Rescue Mission (Aurora)
- Educational grants for high school graduates and college undergraduates
Programs For Youth:
- Holiday baskets to needy families
- Donations to families in times of crisis
- Reading materials to senior citizens facilities
Partial list of high schools under our scholarship umbrella:
Aurora Central Catholic
Downers Grove North*
Downers Grove South*
Oak Park-River Forest
Providence St. Mel*
Whitney Young Magnet
*2020 -2022 academic grant recipients selected from these schools
THE PROGRESSIVES-HARAMBE, INC. is a community-based, non-profit organization comprised of women dedicated to promoting academic excellence and building stronger communities.
Our organization's primary purpose is twofold:
To help cultivate and develop children in every aspect of their lives - educationally, culturally, socially, and emotionally. To aid and give support to families in emergency situations in the Chicago Metro area.
The source of income for the organization is an annual benefit fashion show as well as annual dues from the membership. Proceeds from the fundraiser are primarily used for scholarship, enrichment camps, and the social and cultural development of children.
Since 1972, The Progressives-Harambe, Inc. have awarded more than $400,000 in educational scholarships to students in the Chicago Metro area.
Educational Grant Recipients (2020-2022)
Educational Grants totaling $21,000 were awarded to high school seniors and currently enrolled college undergraduates. The educational grants were presented to students graduating from the high schools listed in BOLD.
Undergraduates attending the following universities also received grants:
Illinois State University
Northern Illinois University
University of Illinois--Champaign
University of Iowa
University of Michigan
University of Pittsburgh